KPM 1500 HP FUEL AND PWM SYSTEM (S550 MUSTANG GT 2015-23)
Mustang GT 2015-2017: KPMMUS1500PWM-15
Mustang GT 2018-2023: KPMMUS1500PWM-18
KPM Fuel Systems are proud to release the highest level of direct fit fuel systems for the S550 Mustang GT (2015-2023).
With the modern Mustangs being tuned to amazing power levels comes the need for a high-performance fuel system.
KPM have met this need with a direct replacement high performance fuel system that will perfectly support power levels from standard all the way to 1500 hp.
No other Mustang fuel module supports as much power with the efficiency, functionality, and fuel delivery of the KPM 1500 hp fuel systems.
ADVANTAGES & FEATURES
KPM 1500 HP Fuel Module
The KPM 1500 hp Fuel Module is engineered utilising 2 x high performance Bosch Racing fuel pumps, all housed in an OEM style high-flow fuel canister and distribution manifold. The KPM fuel module is mounted and immersed in the vehicle’s fuel tank as per OEM design and for ease of fitment.
The development and testing of the KPM module was focused on supplying guaranteed delivery of cool, dense fuel to support 1500 hp at the engine on pump fuel. Our objective was also the supply of solid fuel delivery in both everyday road driving and extreme track conditions, regardless of fuel level in the tank
To achieve these objectives, our KPM Fuel System engineer designed and incorporated a four Venturi pump and refill valve system designed to scavenge fuel from both sides of the Mustang fuel tank and permanently keep the fuel canister full.
This means that you can run the KPM fuel module at any fuel level safely across all conditions without the risk of surge or fuel starvation, including during spirited driving, circuit days, or drag racing.
The fuel pumps are 100% petrol, ethanol and methanol compatible and able to deliver massive amounts of cool, dense fuel at standard vehicle voltages.
This equates to optimum tuning and power levels up to 1500 hp (flywheel rated on 98 octane)
KPM PWM Fuel Module Controller
KPM Fuel Systems have designed a Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) Fuel Module Controller, that can electronically run the two pumps housed in the KPM 1500 hp Module and also be further upgraded to run the three fuel pumps as housed in the KPM 2200 and four fuel pumps in the KPM 2700 hp Module .
We have called it the KPM PWM Fuel Module Controller. Its main purpose is to control the supply of fuel flow in accordance with the engine power and fuel demand. It does this by electronically controlling the amount of current supplied to the fuel pumps.
Control of fuel pump current will keep fuel cool and dense preventing vaporisation, retaining maximum energy for optimum power.
The KPM PWM Fuel Module Controller has been designed to be a direct fit addition to all KPM 1500 hp, 2200 hp, and 2700 hp Fuel Systems.
- Cool, dense fuel
- Prevents atomisation
- Full upgradable to run up to 4 pumps for future use
- Prevents long cranking times
- Maximum engine power potential
- Repeatable and predictable engine performance
- Ease of tuning
- Extended fuel pump and fuel system reliability
- Relieving the electrical system of excessive load
- Extended long idling and driving periods
- Provides maximum fuel system and engine reliability
- Direct plug and play fitment when used with KPM 1500 hp and 2200 hp Fuel Modules
- Easy fitment with instructions provided
- Pre-programmed settings to suit supported vehicle make and model
- OE Programmable when used on vehicles with a Factory Fuel System Control Module (FSCM)
- 2-driver outputs at 40 amps each
- Ability to run 1,2, 3, or 4 x high volume pumps
- 4-gauge outputs 0-5v able to monitor e.g. fuel pressure, temperature, pulse width & amperage
- On-board temperature protection sensor
- Everything provided for a hassle free fitment
- 100% Australian designed and manufactured
Less fuel pump current = less heat = cooler fuel = more power
Supplying fuel to support 1500 hp and beyond requires two or more high flow fuel pumps, housed in one or more in-tank fuel modules. The drawback to this scenario is that two or more fuel pumps can generate quite a lot of fuel pump current meaning increased heat.
This transfer of heat needs to go somewhere and therefore, heats the fuel in the tank.
This is generally not a concern however, if the vehicle is idling or being driven for long periods with a low level of fuel in the tank, the fuel may start to reach a point of losing its full energy potential or start vaporising in the pumps or fuel lines. This can cause long cranking times and hard re-starts. In the worst cases, the fuel pumps will start to cavitate, lose pressure and not supply fuel as intended.
The KPM PWM controller is pre-programmed to monitor your vehicle fuel pressure across all engine loads which in turn allows the controller to calculate the required level of electrical current to your fuel pumps. This in turn delivers the correct amount of fuel to your engine as required in all conditions.
Cooler fuel means increased performance
Vehicle Model Fitment
Vehicles Factory Fuel System Control Module (FSCM)
S550 Mustang GT (2015-17; & 2018-23)
The Mustang factory fuel system runs one small amperage fuel pump (approx 8-12 amps), therefore the OE Fuel Module Controller FSCM is designed to electronically control only one small amperage fuel pump and no more.
The KPM 1500 hp Fuel System runs two fuel pumps at approx. 16-18 amps each. This is a total of 36-38 amps. You can see that the factory FSCM cannot support the amperage of larger pumps. The KPM PWM Fuel Module Controller is used as a stand-alone controller and bypasses the factory FSCM.
The KPM PWM Fuel Module Controller is supplied with a fuel pressure sensor kit and wiring that directly fits your vehicle’s fuel system. The fuel pressure is then used to calculate the correct current required to run the pumps accordingly.
The KPM 1500 hp Fuel and PWM System is a direct replacement system with the addition of the PWM easily mounted as per the instructions provided. The only extra requirement is to route the high amperage wiring and connector kit, that comes supplied with easy fit OEM style plug and play connectors. Your KPM 1500 hp fuel system is now ready for your tuning professional to calibrate your fuel system and tune your vehicle as normal with any well-known tuning software.
KPM 1500 hp Fuel and PWM System details:
- Complete 1500 hp Fuel module—direct replacement fit
- Electronically controlled pre-programmed PWM System
- Integrated 4 Venturi Pumps with refill valve system
- Internal design fuel pressure regulator
- 2 x high performance Bosch Racing fuel pumps
- High flow canister, distribution manifold and fittings
- Easy fit high amperage wiring and connector kit
- Supports standard power and up to 1500 hp
- NO surge across all conditions and fuel levels
- Eliminates the need for voltage boosters, return style, surge tank systems
- Cool, dense fuel creating extra power and economy
- Optimum pump life
- 100% compatible on all fuels including E85 Ethanol
- Easy hassle free fitment
- Fitting and calibration instruction included
Fully Modular and Upgradable
There may be a time when your 1500 hp Fuel and PWM System needs upgrading.
If you decide to increase your engine power level even further, then KPM Fuel Systems has you covered.
There is no need to replace your 1500 hp Fuel and PWM System, just add to it with the correct choice of KPM upgrade fuel system package to meet your needs.
KPM Fuel System engineers have done all the design work to offer a direct fit upgrade for your 1500 hp Fuel and PWM System ensuring your fuel system fits and works perfectly. NO guess work! Fit and forget!
Additional to your 1500 hp Fuel and PWM System we offer any of the following upgrade packages:
INCLUDED IN THE KIT
S550 Mustang (GT 2015-2017): Part # KPMMUS1500PWM-15
S550 Mustang (GT 2018-2023): Part # KPMMUS1500PWM-18
- KPM 1500 hp in-tank Fuel Module
- KPM PWM Fuel Module Controller
- Fuel Pressure Sensor Kit
- Easy fit high amperage relay and wiring kit
- Fitting and calibration instruction included
The KPM PWM Fuel Module Controller is a vital addition to all high performance, high demand Mustang fuel systems that require multiple pumps and or fuel modules. It will electronically control the fuel pumps to reliably supply correct amounts of cool dense fuel, only when and where required for engine demands.
Cool, dense fuel, increases power and reliability. It is fully modular when fitted to an existing KPM 1500 hp, KPM 2200 hp, or KPM 2700 hp Fuel Module System
The KPM PWM Fuel Module Controller increases your power and engine reliability.
Stuck with your installation?
Find all of our fitting instructions here
$3,860 – $3,978